RE: [xsl] Group consecutive elements based on child content

Subject: RE: [xsl] Group consecutive elements based on child content
From: "Kevin Bird" <kevin.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:15:36 +0100
> Hmm interesting. What you really want to do is use something like
> <xsl:for-each-group select="duration"
group-adjacent="string-join(price,'|')"> but also passing in a modified
> equality testing function instead of =, that says that '-' is equal to
any number.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.

> Lacking higher order functions, you can't code that directly in XSLT.

Oh.

> Alternatively you cannot use for-each-group and instead recursively
> iterate through the duration elements. I'm sure FXSL  will have the
> idiom of recursing along a list of items testing with a custom
equality
> test as a standard function so an alternative to writing the recursion
> yourself would be to use fxsl.

Hmm, now you've lost me! I've downloaded FXSL - but to be honest - I am
currently not competent enough to implement a solution using it. Does
anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Kevin