RE: [xsl] Parsing to a file...

Subject: RE: [xsl] Parsing to a file...
From: "Naschke, Pete" <NaschkePS@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:12:56 -0500
Thanks David! Also thanks to Justin for the welcome to the group...I've been
searching for a forum that feels like a good fit...I think I can do some
learning here...glad to be a member! more question...I know using this code <xsl:value-of
select="shortdescription/@Value" /> will find the attribute value I
seek...typically, it returns something like the following...
1: 2535 Fixed Casement.  Frame Size: 2535.  Architect Series.  General
Information: Not Specified, Standard, Clad, Pine.  Exterior Color / Finish:
Standard EnduraClad, Brown.  Interior Color / Finish: Unfinished Interior.
Glass: Insulated Low E Argon Gas., Traditional (2W1H), No
Wrapping Information: Yes, Foldout Fins, 3-11/16" Factory Applied, Perimeter
Length = 120", Design Pressure = ??, Glazing Pressure = 100.
I need to parse this returned attribute into a text file of a CSV (Excel) appears that the data separator is the character combination
"period-space-space" (".  ")...
That's my mission for the day (week???)...get this attribute parsed into it's
own file.
So my is the best way to parse through an attribute text value,
writing each parsed value into a txt file or an Excel CSV file??
(I'll be putting together a .Net frontend that will allow me to select an XML
file to operate on, and then to specify a file name and location to drop the
parsed data file...if anyone understands the process I'mm about to enter into,
and has some suggestions...I'm humbly ready for suggestions and direction!)