[xsl] Xsl Include cached?

Subject: [xsl] Xsl Include cached?
From: Kerry Kobashi <kkobashi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:46:02 -0700
Do any xslt processors cache xsl:include? If not, what strategies can one use to speed this process up?

I like to modularize and reuse templates throughout my application. It seems that xsl:include doesn't cache include files and everything is brought in file by file at compile time. Having to stuff one stylesheet with every callable template in my application reads like a monolithic tome.

What would be nice is if we had something simple like this with a 1MB cache setting:

<xsl:include href="foobar.xslt" cache="yes"/>
<xsl:include href="foobar.xslt" cache="no"/>
.
.
<xsl:include href="doh.xslt" cache="yes"/>

Also, is there a mechanism to allow for stylesheets to be included at the point of request instead of having include being at the root?
For example, PHP's require_once/include_once is a very nice feature.

Kerry Kobashi
Kobashi Computing