RE: [xsl] XSLamenT

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLamenT
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:59:30 +0100
> So, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them
> drink. Is the horse in this case drinking? M. and D. seem
> hopeful enough, and they're the ones to know I guess, but I
> am not so sure either.

I can't measure the numbers and nor can anyone else. Clearly there are an
awful lot of technologies out there and there's a vast spectrum: there are a
few like Java and ASP that are perhaps seen in 30% of web shops, there are
others that are found in less than 1%, and XSLT is somewhere between those
extremes. But usage is certainly above a critical mass, and I'm more
interested in quality than quantity. It is after all a special-purpose
language.

When I read the mass of uneducated newbie questions (and there are other
forums that see far more naive questions than this one does) I'm more
concerned about people's inability to describe a problem clearly than about
their inability to code apply-templates.

Michael Kay