DSSSL and WYSIWYG Editing

Subject: DSSSL and WYSIWYG Editing
From: Greg Kostello <greg_kostello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 10:31:48 -0700
The my desire to understand DSSSL, I've read through a number of the
online documents but the only application I've worked with so far is
Jade. What I'm trying to find is examples of WYSIWYG editors using DSSSL
or any variant of DSSSL.

All the examples and documents I've seen about DSSSL seem to support a
process oriented approach where a source document (or series of source
documents) is transformed into result document (or series of documents)
and then the resulting document is processed again to add style
characteristics to it.

This leads me to a series of questions:
Does this process lend itself to WYSIWYG editing?
Is the transformation language part of the specification necessary to
supporting the other parts of DSSSL?
Does the DSSSL Online specification, which mainly goes into detail about
style characteristics, also require a transformation of the original
document into a new document?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg Kostello                        mailto://kostello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DigitalStyle Corporation                   http://www.digitalstyle.com/
10875 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 110             voice: (619) 618-2222
San Diego, CA 92127                                 fax: (619) 673-5054
begin:vcard

fn:Greg Kostello

n:Kostello;Greg

org:DigitalStyle

adr:10875 Rancho Bernardo Rd., Suite 110;;;San Diego;CA;92127;USA

email;internet:kostello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tel;work:(619) 673-5050 x122

tel;fax:(619) 673-5054

x-mozilla-cpt:;0