Re: SDATA entity mapping

Subject: Re: SDATA entity mapping
From: Dylan van Rijsbergen <rijsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 10:26:39 +0200
>At 09:37 20/05/97 -0100, Dylan van Rijsbergen wrote:
>>I have two questions relating to a project I am doing in formatting classic
>>Greek texts coded in TEI into RTF. The problem is that extended Greek
>>characters aren't being translated, only the unaccented ones.
>
>Are these characters in Unicode?

Yes, they are (in UCS-4). For example, one of the characters I need is code
1F10 for Greek alpha with rough.

>I don't know what you mean by a "Unicode" font.  All you need is a TrueType
>font that contains the characters and has a correct cmap.  (Some TT fonts
>have totally bogus cmaps: I am not interested in supporting them.)

I mean a font that supports as much as possible of the unicode standard: for
example the cyberbit font (bitstream).

>2. Is it possible to force Jade to use an 8 bit character set and map these
>>entities to letters in this character set?
>
>I don't know what you mean.  Are you talking about input or output?

I am talking about output: I want to map my SDATA entities to the correct
glyphs.

Dylan van Rijsbergen