RE: flow object classes

Subject: RE: flow object classes
From: "Frank A. Christoph" <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:14:20 +0900
Didier wrote:
> This should not be the case. Paul is using the most common DSSSL objects.
> The paragraph object is even supported in more than one backend rendition
> format like rtf, HTML+CSS, Tex. This is the most basic element.

No, he is missing the non-standard element flow object, not the paragraph
one, probably because he's using the SGML backend.

Holger, you have to declare non-standard flow objects in order to use them.
See the Jade documentation in jadedoc/transform.htm. Here are the
declarations:

(declare-flow-object-class element
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::element")
(declare-flow-object-class empty-element
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::empty-element")
(declare-flow-object-class document-type
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::document-type")
(declare-flow-object-class processing-instruction
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::processing-instruction")
(declare-flow-object-class entity
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::entity")
(declare-flow-object-class entity-ref
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::entity-ref")
(declare-flow-object-class formatting-instruction
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::formatting-instruction")
(declare-characteristic preserve-sdata?
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Characteristic::preserve-sdata?"
  #f)

--FC