RE: About the declare-flow-object-class

Subject: RE: About the declare-flow-object-class
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:19:02 -0400
Hi Avi,

I do not mean in the actual Jade implementation which is like you said. I am
trying to find the intent of the editors that just said very little about
this construct. Actually, you are right, they do not specify that the
implementation to be in a DSSSL script but it may be in a script or in
whatever the implementer decides.

I think that we need to clarify the expansion mechanism for DSSSL-2.
actually, it is not clear enough.

I'll start a discussion thread specific to expansion mechansim. My own
opinion is that the library is a better tool for this and it also provide a
package for any expansions. Also, if we specify that a library could be made
in any language as long as a set of procedure and flow objects are exported,
we increase the versatility and also simplify the expansion mechsnaism to a
single entity. We would then have to manage libraries and libraries would
contain different implementations.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx