Re: html to dsssl ?

Subject: Re: html to dsssl ?
From: Peer Stritzinger <e6g1m6n3@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:03:36 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,

> I'm searching for an program (or script) which converts an static
> html-template into dsssl-code for the jade sgml backend.

I think there is a use for a tool like this.  Keeping the static HTML
parts in an extra file and just pasting in the variable parts was
always to inflexible for me (one of the reasons to use Jades SGML
mode)

I have started to write such a tool in Perl at the moment it is very
simple and converts only the tags and their attributes to DSSSL/Jade
(make element ...) structures.  It ignores any text at the moment.

If there ist interest I could beef it up a little bit write a
manpage for it and publish it.

Peer Stritzinger

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net