Re: About Constructions rules

Subject: Re: About Constructions rules
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 23:11:45 +0200

> It's only multi-threaded on Win32, which I'm not using, and if you
> aren't either, then you might not have noticed this.

The docs say so, but the code also has support for multi-threading
on Mach (using cthreads) and Linux (using pthreads). Recently Adam Di
Carlo offered apatch to make the cthreads support work on the GNU Hurd.
This will appear in OpenJade 1.2.2.

I don't know if it has been seriously tested on those platforms, though
(I can say for sure that it hasn't on Linux, since I wrote that code).
The pthreads support may work on other POSIX systems. To enable it,
you have to compile with -DSP_USE_PTHREADS.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606