DSC 2.0 released: includes DSSSL transformation language

Subject: DSC 2.0 released: includes DSSSL transformation language
From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:57:07 +0100
long-delayed release of dsc-2.0, with support for the DSSSL
transformation language in addition to dsc's DSSSL checking and
debugging features.

**** Warning ****

This release has been languishing in a not-quite-well-packaged state
for over a year. I've released it due to popular demand, but with
minimal testing and no guarantees it will build in your
environment. See the README file for details.

See http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~ht/dsc-blurb.html for details, or go
straight to ftp://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/pub/ht/dsc-2.0.tar.gz to download.

A quote from the blurb:

This tool, which embeds a full R4RS Scheme interpreter in James
Clark's SP parser, is designed both to provide an online syntax
checker for all DSSSL expression, style and transformation language
programs, and to serve as a preprocessor for any Scheme-embedded DSSSL
implementation.  Virtually the entire language as specified in
chapters 8 through 12 of the standard is checked for syntactic
correctness, and a virtually complete implementation of the core
expression language is included, as is the first-ever (as far as I
know) implementation of the DSSSL transformation language.

ht