RE: DSSSL engine in LISP?

Subject: RE: DSSSL engine in LISP?
From: "Hennessy, Sean" <shennessy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:36:09 -0700
Frank A. Christoph wrote:
>Well, this is a silly thing to argue about..

Terminology is essential to our understanding.
BTW we prefer "discussions", the use of all caps would constitute an
argument.
If you want to have an argument please go outside.

>Besides, "grove" is a common enough word that it would be a poor choice
>name something so concrete and specific.

Let us walk through the metaphorical avocado and olive grove to the rain
forest
and consider the following..
"Forest" is too vague a term if we need to consider just the trees.
We deal with a collection of SGML documents each represented logically
as a rooted hierarchy.
A collection of "apple" trees is commonly referred to as an "orchard".
However the use of "Orchard" is specific to fruit trees.
This thread is not "fruitful" therefor "Orchard" just would not fit :))
"Grove" is appropriately concrete and specific.

W. Sean Hennessy
"Joe Programmer" in agreement with "Joe English"