RE: OpenJade News - July 8 1999

Subject: RE: OpenJade News - July 8 1999
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:43:03 +0300
On Thursday, July 22, 1999 01:40, Matthias Clasen
[SMTP:clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

> > You'll need to plug in your own definition of "empties" (a list of the
> > empty elements in your DTD) -- or maybe someone wants to suggest a way
> > to get the information of whether an element is empty or not out of
> > the SGML property set?
>
> (define (declared-empty gi)
>   (equal? 'empty
>      (node-property 'content-type
>         (node-list-filter
>            (lambda (nd) (equal? gi (node-property 'gi nd)))
>            (q-class 'element-type (grove-root))))))
>
> But class element-type and its properties are prlabs1, thus the
> information is not provided by (Open)Jade <= 1.2.2. The latest version
> of Kathleen Marzalek's mif backend patches expand jades grove plan
> to include prlabs1. We will try to integrate that in a future
> OpenJade release.

A must-omit-end-tag? proberty _is_ supported and does the job well:

(define (empty-element? #!optional (nd (current-node)))
    (node-property 'must-omit-end-tag? nd)
)

I do miss the property that tells whether an attribute was defined
explicitly or defaulted.
---
"The only words which have meaning are the last ones spoken"