RE: OpenJade & MSVCRT.DLL?

Subject: RE: OpenJade & MSVCRT.DLL?
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:31:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> It depends on which compiler version you compiled the source. For instance,
> VC 5 has its own version of msvcrt and VC6 its own too. I am preparing an
> installation package for windows that will include msvcrt.dll (with vc5).
> This is also the same msvcrt.dll that IE 5 uses. So, this is on the "to do"
> list.

Thanks for that info.  The reason I'm asking was that I downloaded the
windows binary and tryied converting it to an OS/2 application using
win32-os2.  But I didn't have the MSVCRT.DLL file.  So I found a copy
somewhere on the web and converted that.

In the end, jade still didn't run.  I may still try installing the
win32-os2 loader device, but I don't have high hopes for this.

Anyway, this is all an academic issuse since I can always get a hold of
g++ and complie the source code for jade myself. ... I'm just too lazy to
do that.  :-)

--
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
       <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~roconnor/>