RE: Table of Contents generation

Subject: RE: Table of Contents generation
From: "Frank A. Christoph" <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:57:53 +0900
> Today I went looking for examples for how to build table of contents
> complete with page numbers today.  Among the first things I found was
> some example dsssl code from a James Clark talk:
>
>  <http://www.jclark.com/dsssl/sgml95/tocxmp.html>
>
> Attempting to follow the example, I got errors from Jade-1.2.1
> indicating that 'number-indirect-sosofo and 'page-number were not
> defined.

Jade doesn't have indirect sosofos; it only supports a basic subset which
doesn't have complex things like footnotes, floats or references. Instead,
you can do something along these lines:

(mode page-mode
  (element chapter
    (sosofo-append
      (current-node-page-number-sosofo)
      (literal " "))))

(element toc
  (make paragraph (with-mode page-mode (process-node-list (grove-root)))))

(define (grove-root) (node-property 'grove-root (current-node)))

Good luck.

--FC