DSSSL SGML declaration

Subject: DSSSL SGML declaration
From: "joseph, Gershon" <Gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:31:30 +0300
Our SGML declaration supports the _ character in attribute values, using the
following:

LCNMCHAR "-._'"
UCNMCHAR "-._'"

I checked the list archives, and found out that Jade uses its own
declaration. James recommended trying to match the application's SGML
declaration to the DSSSL one. I thought I would add the underscore to the
DSSSL SGML declaration instead, because that's easier than removing the
underscores, which are processed correctly by the other SGML applications we
use. However, I can't seem to find a dsssl.dcl or similar logically named
file. Where is the DSSSL SGML declaration?

I tried adding my SGML declaration to the Jade command line, putting it
before the SGML filename. This caused Jade to output LOTS of errors about
the sgml instance using undeclared characters. Our instances are created in
ArborText ADEPT Editor, and I also validated them using SEMA Group's Mark-It
SGML parser, so I know my SGML declaration is OK. The easiest way for me to
troubleshoot would be to compare my SGML declaration to Jade's (or DSSSL's).
Please point me in the right direction.

Gershon.

ps Thanks to all those who helped me to get my DSSSL stylesheet done. Now
I'm trying to get Jade into production to create RTFs...

Gershon Leib Joseph
DOCUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER
Comverse Network Systems
Tel: +972-3-645-2001