Re: Solaris binaries

Subject: Re: Solaris binaries
From: Jean-Philippe Theberge <yesod@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:16:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Jany Quintard wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Jean-Philippe Theberge wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do someone know where I can find Solaris binaries for jade (or Openjade)?
> No, but you should be able to build them. I build them for Linux without
> difficulties using this :
> http://jclark.com/jade/autoconf.htm
> The procedure was tested on :
> Tested platforms
>       SuSE Linux 5.3 (gcc 2.7.2.1, libc 5.5.46)
>       Solaris 2.6 (gcc 2.8.1)

I've already succeed building Jade on both Solaris and Linux.
However, in the present situation, today is in my first week at my new
job...

(open)jade/Dsssl is a good solution to (at least) one of their problem
(converting weather information received in xml format every hour via FTP
to the  coldfusion's wddx.dtd for further processing)

I'm not the sysadmin and if I can tell the guy "place this in
/usr/local/bin and untar this in /usr/share/sgml" it would be a lot better
than saying "please build and install GCC then verify you have autoconf
support then build Jade; here the sources..."

It is no time for beta testing... If someone can provide me with a
nice binary package, it would be very kind...

Thanks!

--
JP Theberge
yesod@xxxxxxxxxxx