Re: QuarkXpress backend for jade

Subject: Re: QuarkXpress backend for jade
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:07:37 +0000 (GMT)
Franck DELAHAYE writes:

 > What I just wanted to say is that the goal of an SGML/XML authoring tool
 > is not to make the final layout touches that one can only make by hand,
 > is it ?

That depends on what you mean by final layout touches, doesn't it. I
don't call a table a "final layout touch", I call it "authoring". So I
would do it in the authoring tool

 > >  > for a particular customer, by adding a few texts tables graphics by
 > >  > hand, that need not to be stored in the database
 > >
 > > why not add them by hand in the XML file?
 >
 > Authors don't know, and don't want to know about SGML/XML concrete
 > syntax.

so? what authoring system do you propose for them? give them a tool
that lets them define tables, and saves them as XML

sebastian