Re: OpenJade 1.3pre won't compile

Subject: Re: OpenJade 1.3pre won't compile
From: Carlos Villegas <cav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:20:23 +0900

Jon Haugsand wrote:
> Maybe, but now that I finally managed to compile through the most of
> it (with a newer compiler), I erred out with a strange bug.
> The content of nsgmls/Makefile.lt is
>
> LT_LIBS=../lib/libsp.la -lintl
>
> The last item looks like a loader option. However, in Makefile.prog
> there is the following line:
>
> $(PROG): $(OBJS) $(COBJS) $(LT_LIBS)
>
> This causes the make job to abort with the error message "No rule for
> target -lintl" -- naturally.

Yes I have seen this also. This is a bug in jade's Makefile system
and autoconfigure support. Adding any 'extra' system libraries will
produce this error. There should be a separate Makefile variable for
extra system libraries (not built within the distribution)!

> I actually removed this from Makefile.prog and the huge make job
> finally managed to get to an end -- without any further error
> messages. However, when I tried 'jade ...' the result was
> "Segmentation fault"
>
> :-( :-(

Don't know what's happening here. I have access to Sparc Solaris 2.4
and 2.6 systems. I'm afraid don't have 2.5 but I'll give a try it on
those systems and let you know in a couple of days.

Cheers,

Carlos Villegas
Uniscope, Inc.