Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs

Subject: Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:52:36 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Simon Pepping wrote:

> I used the tex and the sgml backends, with openjade 1.4devel from CVS
> 28 October.
>
> Adding these features I get the following messages:
>
> in custom-print.dsl:
> <features>online expression query simple-page table cross-reference</features>
>
> >openjade -t tex -d custom-print.dsl sample2.sgml
> openjade:W: feature "online" not supported

This is a bug in the TeX backend which is now fixed. This will be a
warning about partial support then. This is because not all FOs required
by the feature are supported (e.g. scroll).

> openjade:W: feature "query" only partially supported
This is true:-)

> in custom-html.dsl:
> <features>expression query simple-page cross-reference</features>
>
> >openjade -t sgml -d custom-html.dsl sample2.sgml
> openjade:W: feature "simple-page" not supported
This is because the SGML backend only support the extension flow objects
for SGML elements, entities and so forth. So you shouldn't use
simple-page-sequence in a style sheet for HTML output for example.

> I also had to change DTD:
> <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//OpenJade//DTD DSSSL Specification//EN" [
We choose to leave James Clarks' DTD as is for backwards compability.

Ofcourse, the comforming way is to declare used features like above.
However, you may also leave out the features element and only get errors
for features that really are not supported (after the latest bug fixes).

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson

--