[Monthly Archives] [List Home]

[ernie] The Electronic Recruiting News In Email_010329

IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting
Visit our Sponsors
John Sumser's
Electronic Recruiting News

interbiznet.com

E R N I E
Electronic Recruiting News In Email

Our Rate Card

S P O N S O R S

Click Here!
Click On Our Sponsors

Click On Our Sponsors
Visit our Sponsors
Reach The 25,000 Recruiters and HR Managers Who Read This Newsletter Each Week
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors

Find out more
About IBN
Got a news tip?
Tell us at
news@
interbiznet.com

Our Rate Card

Articles

Presentations

Trends Reports

Archives

Resume
Databases

(Over 60)

Company Job Listings
(Over 4000)

Suggestions?

OUR HOME

The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

To subscribe or unsubscribe from ERNIE, please use the form on the linked page.

Walks On Water, Raises Dead Stocks

(March 29, 2001) Quick, dust off your resume and apply for the job of CEO at Yahoo. Or, better yet, forward it to a friend.
Chief Executive Officer, Yahoo!

The ideal candidate will be a smart, creative, passionate, flexible and experienced senior executive who has a successful track record growing a diversified global business with at least $1 billion in revenues, who can work closely with the current management team, including chairman, and current Chief Executive Officer, Tim Koogle. Yahoo, ranked as the 38th leading consumer brand worldwide, serves over 180 million individuals each month globally via its diversified web network including 24 world properties. Yahoo has offices in Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, Canada, and the United States. The company headquarters are in Santa Clara, California. If you believe you are the right Yahoo for the job, please send your resume to our confidential e-mail: YahooCEO@spencerstuart.com
If anyone ever had questions about whether or not our industry has arrived, they are answered with the ad on Spencer Stuart's Front Page.

It's a huge step forward for an operation that just a couple of years ago was sure the web wouldn't amount to much. Although their recent acquisition of Cruel World has landed them some bragging rights (Uh, we own one of them dot com things, too.), it's pretty clear that their overall web strategy leaves much to be desired.

How's this for a sales pitch:

Thank you for your interest. In order to learn more about this opportunity and many others, please take a few moments to become a member of the Spencer Stuart Talent Network. We'll ask a series of questions to help us get to know you better and then you'll be able to continue with what you were doing.

It's what you get when you click on the link marked find out more about our exclusive network. As if web based executive job hunters will happily trade away their information just 'cause these guys asked. The only bright spot on the dismal offering is this delicious quote from The Real Work Of Leaders:
"Leadership is the corporate religion these days, but it remains an undefined quality. What exactly do leaders - or, more precisely, executives who style themselves leaders - really do? The fact that this question must be asked and answered again and again by the business publishing industry raises the nagging suspicion that they don't do much of anything. After all, we don't spend much time asking ourselves about the "real work" of accountants or cashiers."
Here' to hoping that their involvement with Yahoo will teach them something about the web.

- John Sumser

   What position can Sendouts.com put your firm in?

      A more competitive one.

     Find out how:

  • Get access to hundreds of thousands of qualified candidates.
  • Manage every step of the placement process.
  • Establish a stronger presence on the web.
   Do it all with one web-based application for under $100 a month.

   Final reason to visit us:
   Get over $500 in savings with our introductory offer package.

Contacting Us:
Call, fax, write, email. We'd love to talk about your project.

All material on this site is © 1995 - 2001 by IBN: interbiznet.com
(The Internet Business Network), 346 Starling Rd., Mill Valley, CA 94941
415.380.8244
staff@interbiznet.com

To Subscribe or Unsubscribe From the ERNIE...
Enter email:
Enter name:

     FEATURES:

  • Interbiznet Trends (New)