[Monthly Archives] [List Home]

[ernie] The Electronic Recruiting News in Email_010608

IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting
Please Click On Our Sponsors
John Sumser's
Electronic Recruiting News

interbiznet.com

E R N I E
Electronic Recruiting News In Email

Our Rate Card

S P O N S O R S

Click Here!
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Reach The 25,000 Recruiters and HR Managers Who Read This Newsletter Each Week
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors

Find out more
About IBN
Got a news tip?
Tell us at
news@
interbiznet.com

Our Rate Card

Articles

Presentations

Trends Reports

Archives

Resume
Databases

(Over 60)

Company Job Listings
(Over 4000)

Suggestions?

OUR HOME

The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

To subscribe or unsubscribe from ERNIE, please use the form on the linked page.

Bigger Than We Think

(June 8, 2001) Don't let the reports of the dot com crash fool you. The E-recruiting business is continuing to explode and the options available today are many times the number of options available a year ago. The pace is so extraordinary that we are often taken by surprise. Even when we're sure that no more big ones could possibly sneak under our radar, they do. >From our in-basket:
Regarding your story in today's ERN, you have overlooked the company that created the "local" job board phenomenon. RegionalHelpWanted.com is a privately-held company based in Poughkeepsie, New York that, after just two short years, thrives in 171 U.S. markets and another 13 in Canada. That number continues to grow as we generally add six to a dozen new local sites each month. To access the full list of our local websites, click on http://www.regionalhelpwanted.com/corporate/our_sites.cfm

Although Trader Publications is a fine company, the jury is still out regarding their auto-related sites, let alone these three new employment-related sites. Certainly, it will be quite some time before they can be judged fairly and accurately. One of the weaknesses of Trader's business model is lack of promotion, which, of course, is crucial to the long-term success of all Internet ventures. The only promotional support for their sites occurs in their own job-related print publications; but print doesn't drive traffic to the Web. To address this issue, RegionalHelpWanted.com forms strategic alliances with radio groups in each market in which we operate. In fact, we refuse to enter a market until we have a strategic ally in place. For example, in the Raleigh-Durham market, www.trianglehelpwanted.com is promoted 52 weeks a year by ten of the top radio stations in the market with a very healthy advertising schedule of 24 60-second commercials per station per week.

For a sample of our radio commercials, which are customized for the respective local market and produced by the award-winning Dick Orkin's Radio Ranch, click on http://www.regionalhelpwanted.com/corporate/radio_spots/wedding.mp3

I hope that you will not take offense to this missive because it is not my intention to say that you are wrong. To the contrary, we believe that local job boards are, for many recruiters and employers, the wave of the future. Nonetheless, it is clear that we have not done a good job of telling our story to the trade press and this seems a good opportunity to do so.

Incidentally, of all the employment-related newsletters I receive, yours is the easiest to read and has the most relevant content. Keep up the great work and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to set the record straight.
Whodathunkit?

While we don't agree with the perspective presented by our correspondent, we're astonished that a local network of this magnitude could grow without our awareness. That's because, we think, that they have focused exclusively on the regional markets. There is certainly no shortage of players who wish to claim paternity on the regional market idea (we've been writing about it for seven years). Hype aside, this should serve as a useful introduction to another amazing resource.

- John Sumser

Celebrate Keynes’ birthday with one free week of job postings from techies.com!

  • 118 years ago: John Maynard Keynes, the great economist was born.
  • 65 years ago: Keynes presented his revolutionary strategies for stimulating employment.
  • Today: techies.com celebrates his birth with something equally revolutionary
    free job postings for a week!
  • Join our campaign for economic recovery.

    And while you’re at it, find the candidate of your dreams at techies.com!

    Call us today at 1-888-techies or click Here Now!

    Please Click On Our Sponsors

    Contacting Us:
    Call, fax, write, email. We'd love to talk about your project.

    All material on this site is © 1995 - 2001 by IBN: interbiznet.com
    (The Internet Business Network), 346 Starling Rd., Mill Valley, CA 94941
    415.380.8244
    staff@interbiznet.com

    To Subscribe to the ERNIE...
    Enter email: