Re: Processing external data entities

Subject: Re: Processing external data entities
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Mar 26 21:19:16 1997 EST
David Megginson wrote:
> It would require only minor modifications to the Jade RTF backend to
> support special handling for a source-code-listing notation.  Is this
> a legitimate use of the 'external-graphic' flow-object class?

It seems reasonable to me, but I don't expect RTF (for example) is going
to do anything reasonable with your source code. There could be a
concept of an "external graphic handler" (probably in C++) that would be
linked in (dynamically on Win32) and would convert from the original
notation to one that the back-end would understand.

 Paul Prescod