process-children

Subject: process-children
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue Apr 1 06:34:44 1997 EST
Is this snippet from my tutorial accurate?

"Inside a make expression, after the keyword argument list, you can
specify a "content expression" that tells the DSSSL processor what to
put in the flow object. In this case, ( (process-children) ) we have
asked the DSSSL processor to process the child nodes (usually children
elements and individual character nodes) of this element, and use them
for the content of the paragraph flow object."

Are the child nodes ever anything other than sub-elements and
characters? I can't think of what else they could be. Attributes are
subnodes in the grove model, but they are not children.

The "children" in process-children *is* referring to the nodes in the
grove, (from the SGML document or STTP process), right?

 Paul Prescod