cell table borders (confused of Oxford)

Subject: cell table borders (confused of Oxford)
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:24:03 +0100 (BST)
In the Elsevier DTD, the table model is quite straightforward, and I
can write some straightforward code saying:

(element c
   (make table-cell
	n-rows-spanned: (string->number (attribute-string "RSPAN"))
	n-columns-spanned: (string->number (attribute-string "CSPAN"))
	(process-children-trim)
   )
)

but then we come to borders. we tag these as elements within the cell,
so a cell with a bottom border would look like eg:

 <c><bottom-border>63</c>

so what i want is something like

 cell-after-row-border: (process-matching-children "bottom-border"))

and

 (element bottom-border  (make table-border border-present?: #t))

but this doesnt er um gel. I am floundering here seeing to express
what I want. Any suggestions?

Sebastian Rahtz