Re: XS: aligned-column

Subject: Re: XS: aligned-column
From: Jeff Suttor <jsuttor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Aligned-column is intended for use with math displayed equations, where you
> have a sequence of displayed equations possibly with intervening text, and
> you want to align the displayed equations on some point (ie an = sign)
> within each equation.  Since XS doesn't have any math, it seems rather
> pointless to include aligned-column.  (I have't implemented it in Jade.)

Would

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-math-970515

be relevant?

--
Jeff Suttor
Jeff.Suttor@xxxxxxxxxxx

Abstract

Mathematical Markup Language, or MathML, is an XML application for describing
mathematical expression
structure and content. The goal of MathML is to enable mathematics to be served,
received, and processed on the
Web, just as HTML has enabled this functionality for text.

This document begins with background information on mathematical notation, the
problems it poses, and the
philosophy underlying the solutions MathML proposes. MathML describes expression
structure, together with
mathematical context. About 25 of the MathML tags describe abstract notational
structures, while another 50
provide a way of unambigously specifying the intended meaning of an expression.
Additional chapters discuss how
the MathML content and presentation tags interact, and how MathML renderers
might be implemented and should
interact with browsers. Finally, this document addresses the issue of MathML
entities (extended characters) and
their relation to fonts.