Re: [DSSSL] TeX's streching space (or rubber length) ?

Subject: Re: [DSSSL] TeX's streching space (or rubber length) ?
From: kubek <kubek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 09:07:21 +0200

    Tony> At 5 Jun 1997 15:25 +0200, kubek wrote:
    >> 2- My texts will be output both in french and english. In
    >> theses language the character ':' is treated differently (In
    >> french there is a space before the ":"). Some of my dsssl
    >> literals contains this character. Actually the only mean I have
    >> to take this fact into account is to make an explicit test on
    >> the language used, eg

    Tony> Is that French and English in the same document or one
    Tony> document may be all in French and another document all in
    Tony> English?

The two solutions are under studies :-) I' m working in an engineering
school and the project using DSSSL is related to academic curricula.
The data are extracted from a database, creating a huge sgml file.
This file is then processed through Jade. No i didn't put my hands on
groves already :-)

Actually I'm treating separately the French and English parts, but
getting a mixed output could be interesting : there are numerous
duplicated infos in the two documents. Being able to give, for
example, a course description in the two languages could save some
paper.

    Tony> Regards,

Jean-Marie