Re: process specification elements

Subject: Re: process specification elements
From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:55:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Paul Prescod wrote:

> A process specification is a series of declarations that specifies a
> process. Stylesheet authors create them by linking together process
> specification elements.

And am I right to assume that this linking happens only through the `use'
attribute ? The wording of the paragraph made me think that `sequencing'
and linking through `use' were independent things.

So

would be a sequence of length two, while

would just be two independent process specifications, right ?

> An end-user (e.g. a technical writer sitting in front of a DSSSL-based
> word processor) *selects* a particular process-specification of the
> potentially many possible ones by identifying a "starting" process
> specification element.

Understood.

Thanks, Matthias