Re: DD: Quick Reference card?

Subject: Re: DD: Quick Reference card?
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:30:30 -0500
At 12:20 PM 6/16/97 -0400, Tony Graham wrote:
>At 16 Jun 1997 10:47 -0500, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
> > I forgot to mention: if it's not SGML, I don't look at it for reference
> > [pig-headed of me I know, but I can afford to be].
>
>I hope your Frame+SGML manuals qualify...

Got me there.  I haven't taken the time to SGMLify the Frame+SGML manuals
so they're actually retrieval on line (but then, I try to avoid having to
know that much about Frame+SGML :-).

> > I guess I misunderstood what you're trying to produce.  Perhaps my real
> > question is: why bother to produce a *print* quick reference, or at least
>
>I've been pipped at the post by Sebastian Rahtz, so I'll just add that
>you could use it as a crude index to the *print* version of the standard.

That assumes you *have* a print version...(or that, having one, that you
would actually refer to it in preference to a searchable online version).

Cheers,

E.