YRIF and DSSSL Handbook Copyright

Subject: YRIF and DSSSL Handbook Copyright
From: Mike Paciello <paciello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:31:29 -0400
Hi Folks:

After a furious week of e-mail activity from several DSSL list members,
I've finally caught up, subscribed, and am responding to the offer
regarding copyright of the DSSSL Handbook.

I'd like to kindly acknowledge David Pawson, Tony Graham, and Harvey
Bingham for bringing this to my attention and proposing the Foundation as a
potential "benefactor".

If possible, because I seem to be caught in the middle of this discussion,
I would like someone to briefly explain to me the specific proposal and how
the Foundation can be involved. I'd also like to get some idea of
publication size or the parts of it that the various authors would like to
make available. We do have a publisher that is closely connected to the
Foundation and is willing to publish materials in behalf of the Foundation
at little to no cost at all.

Finally, as has been noted by several folks on this list, the Foundation's
purpose is to carry on Yuri's mission of information accessibility,
particularly for people with disabilities. It is quite clear to me that the
most effective way to accomplish this is through educational awareness and
information dissemination. Workshops, seminars, tutorials, conference
tracks and online information all contribute to that goal. DSSSL provides a
unique opportunity to describe information for the print impaired; but few,
if any, really have ever heard of it, nevermind understand how to use it.

In order to do this, we (the Foundation) need your help. Provide us the
kind of instructional information that we can use to train users, content
creators, and publishers and we'll be sure to highlight the benefits of DSSSL.

Regards and thanks,

Mike Paciello

Michael G. Paciello                      Executive Director,
E-Mail: mailto:paciello@xxxxxxxx         Yuri Rubinsky Insight Foundation
Tel: +1 603 598 9544                     URL: http://www.yuri.org/
FAX: +1 603 598 2839                     Building Better Access Technologies!

Please Make a Tax-Deductible Donation:   http://www.yuri.org/donate.html