Re: Iteration with named let

Subject: Re: Iteration with named let
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:14:29 -0500
At 07:28 PM 6/24/97 -0400, Paul Prescod wrote:
>> I'm about one free weekend away from defining a DTD for DSSSL expressions
>> so I can create the DSSSL specs using an SGML editor (and then, of course,
>> write a DSSSL spec to generate a DSSSL spec from the resulting document).
>
>That sounds, ummm, verbose. But I'd love to see it when its done. We're
>doing some program specification and interface generation in SGML/Jade.
>We haven't moved on to actually programming in it.

It's only verbose when you turn on the tag view, otherwise it looks just
like a text editor with the right choice of generated text.  I did the same
thing for VRML and it makes working with that syntax a lot easier (see
http://www.drmacro.com/vrml/index.htm).  Probably more effort than it's
worth, but then I've never shied away from doing something the hard way
just to make some troublesome aspect easier.

>Note that Jade already supports over 170 procedures. That's a big
>picklist.

But, through the magic of customizable editors, I can organize the pick
list however I want (although having just the list would be pretty handy).

Cheers,

E.