RE: XSL: Strawman comments, XS-970522

Subject: RE: XSL: Strawman comments, XS-970522
From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:05:49 -0400
Hello,

Just a note concerning the comment by Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxx> on
XS-970522:

>3.3 Marginalia

>Again, this seems unnecessary for a minimal conforming application.
>Can someone state why it's needed?

I take the question of need as not related to the usefulness of
marginalia flow objects but why a minimally conforming application
should include them. As an academic user of SGML and DSSSL in a
publishing environment, I think marginalia flow objects would be most
useful and should be included in minimally conforming applications. If I
were concerned with less complex document styles I probably would be
less certain that marginalia merit inclusion. ;-)  I suspect that a
majority of academics and publishers interested in these issues would
also support the proposed inclusion of marginalia.

Patrick

Patrick Durusau
Information Technology
Scholars Press