Re: Side effects and large-scale conversion

Subject: Re: Side effects and large-scale conversion
From: David Megginson <ak117@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:29:15 -0400
Chris:

The problem -- I suspect -- is that you are creatively abusing Jade.
A MIF-specific DSSSL formatting engine would maintain something like a
font and flag stack internally (say, in C, C++, or Java code) and
would restore the previous context automatically, as does Jade's RTF
backend.  DSSSL was not designed for dealing with low-level,
format-specific details in user code.

Given your current requirements, however, is there any way that you
could pass down context information using inherited characteristics?

-- David