TOC Entries and Remembered Formats

Subject: TOC Entries and Remembered Formats
From: Chuck Darney <cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:36:09 -0400
I've asked Norm about this but thought someone else on the list may have
a solution or suggestion.  Perhaps someone else may even benefit.

I've been playing with the Table of Contents part of the Docbook style
sheet.

The TOC gets built with the correct pages numbers etc, but the TOCentry
retains the attributes of the element it's printing.  For example, the
TOC lists sections.  My level 1 sections are centered and have a larger
font size.  Level 2 and lower sections are quadded left and a smaller
font size.  These attributes are carried into the TOC so it looks like:

           SECTION 1 TITLE  (<--bigger font)
.................................1

SubSection 1
.................................1

SubSubSection 1 (<-smaller font)
.................................2

Is this correct?  It seems the TOC has it's own formatting specified.
Why doesn't it use that?

Also...Doesn't the leader fall on the same line as the title?  I thought
the TOCentry should look like:

instead of the way it does in the 1st example.

The entry for the TOC is done with a "with-mode" which, I guess, is
supposed to ignore the formatting attributes of the node being
processed.  Why doesn't it seem to be doing so?

Is there another way I could get the appropriate TOC entry information
in the right place sans formatting?

...Chuck Darney
...cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx