Re: How to Build a Typesetter

Subject: Re: How to Build a Typesetter
From: "Jack Fitzpatrick" <jfitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:27:05 +0000
>Why didn't you use TeX?
>
> Paul Prescod
>
>Jack Fitzpatrick wrote:
>>
>> Though the discussions on this list primarily center around arcane DSSSL
>> issues, my main problem has been simply figuring out how to actually
batch
>> process my documents on Unix.  I'm sure that there are other folks out
there
blah, blah, blah ....

Paul:
Adam Harris was kind enough to demo jadetex for me.  The fidelity relative
to RTF turned out to be poor for my funky stylesheet.  Please don't take
that as an authoritative critique, because I suspect that jadetex works fine
for many, if not most, documents.  MIF was good, but I could never get the
MIF backend to compile on HP-UX.  Using jade/RTF and the Windows server also
presents the side benefit of being able to use the Office97 DOM to enhance
the output.

Jack Fitzpatrick
ADP
Milwaukie OR  (Portland)