A tutorial just for tables?

Subject: A tutorial just for tables?
From: mcraig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:15:52 +0100

Hello from a newbie wondering about the status of the "DSSSL Handbook".

In http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dssslist/archive/0782.html Tony Graham
says, "The collaborative DSSSL Handbook is widely seen as a Good Idea, ..."
After reading the outline, I agree. But
http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc/handbook/focr/index.html (Top of
Flow Object Class Reference) is not exactly the part of the document a
newbie is looking for.

The DSSSL tutorials by Daniel M. Germán and Paul Prescod are great help
getting started, but I want to format some information mapping (imap089.dtd
& imap001.dtd, available at http://www.imap.dk) documents. I can format my
documents as simple page sequences with paragraphs, bulleted lists, etc.
However, the canonical formatting is tables with embedded tables inside
them and I'm just not catching on fast enough to do this.

Is there, perhaps, a tutorial just for tables?