Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard?

Subject: Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard?
From: "Richard Hirsch" <Richard.Hirsch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:54:10 +0100

> At 13 Nov 1998 17:17 +0100, Bas Peters wrote:
>  > We are planning to implement a formatting routine for bibliographic >
>  records and high on my priority list is Jade and DSSSL. I have been >
>  prototyping a bit and it works fine, but before investing more time and >
>  money, I was wondering: is there a future for the DSSSL standard. Until >
>  now it is very difficult to collect information about using the >
>  standard. I have the idea that the DocBook style-sheets are succesfull, >
>  but that not much people are creating style-sheets for other DTD's.

Just wanted to say that we are using our own DTDs and our own
DSSSL stylesheets to convert SGML files into HTML files and
Oracle database load files.  We have been using DSSSL for approx
1 year now and have found that DSSSL and JADE provide us the
flexibility we need to fill our intranet with the relevant data.

Richard Hirsch
Siemens Österreich
PSE Salzburg
TEL: 0043 662 1707 66694