jade translates certain things to upper case

Subject: jade translates certain things to upper case
From: "Juliane Harbarth" <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:59:00 -0000
My DSSSL stylesheet is supposed to convert (SGML-)
instances of a proprietary DTD to XML-compliant DocBook
using jade. The problem is that

EVERYTHING IS TRANSFORMED TO UPPER CASE !

This is, of course,  an exaggeration by far, since the content
is untouched. But at least some of the GIs, the attribute
names and their values are transformed to upper, e.g. the
snippet <table frame="all"> results in :
    tocentry="1"
    frame="ALL"
using the DSSSL :
    (element table
         (make element gi: "table"
                    attributes: (copy-attributes)
              (process-children)))
with the function 'copy-attributes' :
    (define (copy-attributes #!optional (nd (current-node)))
         (let loop ((atts (named-node-list-names (attributes nd))))
              (if (null? atts)
                  '()
                  (let* ((name (car atts))
                            (value (attribute-string name nd)))
                            (if value
                                  (cons (list name value)
                                      (loop (cdr atts)))
                                  (loop (cdr atts)))))))
taken from Jame Clark's 'id' transformation.

Why is 'all' translated to upper, how can this be avoided ???

I honestly scanned the archive to understand this problem.
I admit there was something, e.g. some references to
functions to turn things to lower case again. Do I really have
to use these ?

Juliane Harbarth
Technical Consultant
Software AG Germany