Using attribute values

Subject: Using attribute values
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:38:36 +0100
Hi all,

Having received several encouraging reactions, I've now put my struggles
with Underscores behind me and will proceed in trying to learn DSSSL.
Consequently, I have a question.

Here's a fragment one of my XML files:
----------------------------------
<session id="tccom4114s000" lang="English" status="Released">
<header>
	<vrc version="B50" release="b" customer="doc0"/>
</header>
<text>
	<title>Pay-by Business Partners</title>
	Use this session to maintain the details of a pay-by
	business partner). [...]
</text>
</session>
---------------------------------
I have a DSSSL spec to convert this XML code to (very simple, no hyperlinks)
HTML. Now, I want to take the value from the "session" element's "id"
attribute and paste it behind the data in the "title" element like this:

<h1>Pay-by Business Partners (tccom4114s000)</h1>

Is this possible, and if so, how?

To convert the XML to HTML I use this (fragment):
-------------------------------------
(element session
                          (make element gi: "div" attributes: '(("class"
"session"))
                          (make empty-element gi: "hr" )
                          (process-children)))

(element (session text title) (make element gi: "h1" (process-children)))
Assuming that it *is* possible in some way to take the value of an attribute
and print it somewhere else, I think I would need to define a function to
take the value from the <session>'s "id" attribute, and then use (literal)
to call the function after the content of the title element is processed.
Does any of this make any sense??

persevering,