RE: <?stylesheet href=...

Subject: RE: <?stylesheet href=...
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:02:59 -0500
HI J-P

There are several ways to do it.

a) create a catalog and include in it the reference to your script and get
this reference identified by a name like, for example this:
PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN"
"print/docbook.dsl"
or
SYSTEM Myscript "dir1/dir2/MyScript.dsl"

have the system variable SGML_CATALOG_FILES point to this catalog file (on
win32 include that in a bat file like "set
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=c:\dir\catalog"

then in the Style sheet Processing instruction set the href to the Sysid
like

<?xml:stylesheet href="MyScript" type="text/dsssl"?>

b) if you are using the Talva SGML Kit
Include your script reference in the catalog directory located under the
place where you installed the SGMLKit. If you are using a file system
reference set this with a relative URL or an absolute DOS path like

catalog file:
SYSTEM MyScript "../Scripts/MyScript.dsl"
your script is should be located:
SGMLKit
  |____ Catalog  <----- The catalog file is located here
  |____ Scripts  <---- The relative URL points here. this where your script
is located.

Then reference that script in the style sheet processing instruction.
<?xml:stylesheet href="MyScript" type="text/dsssl" format="rtf" ?>

if you include the "format" property this indicates the output type to the
dsssl processing engine. In this case, the format will be rtf. You can also
set this to sgml (the SGML output should be HTML and can include style
markups - with IE 5.x CSS1), html, tex do not work actually but we are
working on that (I don't know if we will be able to make it work

Thus, the best way for all cases is to include a systemid in your catalog,
have this catalog pointed by SGML_CATALOG_FILES then use sysid for the href
property.

Regards

Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx