Re[2]: processing time

Subject: Re[2]: processing time
From: jim_albright@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:39:28 -0500
Dan - thanks for help.
I added the (error ...) code and now completes in about 2 minutes
instead of 24 minutes. I didn't fix anything though.
It doesn't matter where in this code piece that I put (error ...).
I love that it goes faster but why?

Jim Albright

(element (milestone)
    (make sequence
        (error
            (string-append
                (inherited-attribute-string "book")
                " "
                (attribute-string "chapter")
                ":"
                (attribute-string "verse")
            )
        )
        (if (absolute-first-sibling?)
            (empty-sosofo)      ; at beginning of paragraph
            %space% )           ; second milestone in paragraph
        (if (have-ancestor? "note")
            (empty-sosofo)      ; no JD inside of note
            (JumpDestinations))
        (FieldDestinations)
        (MakeHiddenSpace)
        ;; for now assume that verse 1 is chapter start
        ;; for future add chapter-start attribute
        (MakeChapterIfNew (attribute-string "chapter")  (attribute-string
"verse"))
        (MakeVerse
            (attribute-string "verse")
            (if (attribute-string "verseEnd"    )
                (attribute-string "verseEnd"    )
                '"0"  ;; zero used as a flag - think about this
                ;; possible use #f instead
                ;; first try at #f didn't work
            ))
        ;; after verse number before text
        ;; space for most but if otQuote|poetry tab
        ;;MakeVerse has tab or space end in it
        ))