About DSSSL perception...

Subject: About DSSSL perception...
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 16:07:03 -0400
Hi Mark

Here is something from the next WWW8 conference (Toronto). This an extract
from a presentation about a style language. This extract just gives more
weight to the fact that we have to double our efforts to show that dsssl is
not as hard as first perceived by newcomers.

>From PSL style language U of Wisconsin Style language Track WWW8
<Quote>
DSSSL is a proposed presentation specification language for SGML that is now
a Draft International Standard. While a complete implementation of DSSSL is
not yet widely available, DSSSL specifications appear to work well for
documents that are primary textual. DSSSL is a complex language based on
Scheme that support many data types. While it is very powerful it appears
inaccessible to end users.
</quote>

I won't say more and let everybody take their own conclusions.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com