RE: Braifo - a braille formatter

Subject: RE: Braifo - a braille formatter
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:32:31 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> You bet bet I will. This is great news. I modify the OpenJade home page and
> post it as fast as possible. Many thanks Peter.

I forgot an idea that came up in my mind some days ago. I'll try to design
the formatter so that the braille translator (convert chars to sequences
of braille cells (groups of dots)) may be replaced by something else
(characters to glyphs). If someone wriote such a thing, we'd get the
native formatter that some people would like to have. This is just an idea
)to make the formatter general). But don't expect a formatter soon, since
it would be a lot of work. I concentrate on braille, since that is my main
medium. If someone is working at something that formats DSSSL without
another program (such as TeX or Word), please let us now!

Regards,
/Peter

 --