RE: SGML entity mgmt stds (was Re: ISUG and DSSSL)

Subject: RE: SGML entity mgmt stds (was Re: ISUG and DSSSL)
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:38:58 +0100
Cees wrote:
>Of course one
>of the hardest parts of a standard like this is whether to standardize
>anything at all - what would the benefits be? If there are no clear
>benefits, don't standardize it, is my opinion.

For the newbie. For those accustomed, agreed.
for someone new to this world, the catalog is a total
mystery, any help would have been appreciated by
myself in the early days.

I'm having exactly the same problems with dir structure
in the java world of XML. None of it seems to make sense.

A pretty picture of a reasonable system layout would
be a great help when downloading all this stuff for the
first n times.
A case of how fast you climb the learning curve?
DSSSL causes enough brainfade without adding this one <grin/>

Regards, DaveP