XSL FOs and DSSSL FOs -- same or similar?

Subject: XSL FOs and DSSSL FOs -- same or similar?
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Jun 1999 14:19:59 -0400
Does anyone know if there is any parity between XSL FOs and DSSSL FOs?

I'm considering James Clark's suggestion to decouple jade from the
backends, so they are mediated by FOTs.  I don't know much about FOs
and FOTs, so I'm wondering if there's a way that the jade and emerging
XSL community can have some sharing on the backends.  If possible, it
would be very desirable, since it would benefit both groups, and help
us tap the XSL community for quality and quantity of backend engines,
which IMHO is the major weakness in jade.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>