Non-expanding space

Subject: Non-expanding space
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:10:56 -0400
I need text that looks like this:

   1.   Hello, how are you doing.

I need the text to be full-justified. The whitspace before the 1. and
between the 1. and the word "Hello" should not expand. If Jade allowed
line-fields in arbitrary places I would be okay, but it only allows them
at the beginning of a paragraph. So I can't figure out how to define
non-stretchable space that is not necessarily at the beginning of a
paragraph.

Any ideas in DSSSLand?

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

[Woody Allen on Hollywood in "Annie Hall"]
Annie: "It's so clean down here."
Woody: "That's because they don't throw their garbage away. They make
        it into television shows."