DSSSL for the Java Virtual Machine (SENG)

Subject: DSSSL for the Java Virtual Machine (SENG)
From: Daniel Mahler <dmahler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:15:59 -0500
Does anyone know what happened to the SENG DSSSL engine?
I know that Copernican Solutions has gone out of business.
I contacted several people involved  but I did not reach
Alex Milowski, the CEO.

For those not familiar with it,
SENG is/was a DSSSL implementation for the JVM.
It was implemented on top of Kawa (http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/),
a Scheme implementation for the JVM and fully interoperable with Java.
I never actually used SENG, so I do not know what level of maturity it
reached.

thanks
Daniel Mahler
Title: Grover, a Groves Implementation for Scheme

Grover, a Groves Implementation for Scheme

Groves, is not quite an acronym of "Graphs of Propertied Values". They are directed, acyclic graphs of nodes, which have properties. When a SGML/XML processor reads in a document it can create a grove. The set of properties that each node has is defined in a property set. The property set offers the application a complete definition of what information is contained in the grove representation of the document.

grover is a scheme implementation of groves with a focus on portability. It should run in any R5RS scheme. It is known to work in bigloo, guile, scsh, scheme48, and rscheme. It does not presently define any property sets, but in the near future it will come with property set definitions for ESIS streams and SGML/XML documents, and possibly others.

Distribution

The current version is 0.9, and it is available here.

It is distributed under the GPL.

Documentation

HTML documentation is available online here. It is also shipped with the distribution.

Related Documentation