RE: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: RE: Scheme Programming Reference
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:48:15 -0400
Hi Beate,

beate said:
Hi Sebastian!
I think I am what you might call Jane Public and I can't see you (that is
the
not so small DSSSL community) promoting DSSSL.
I've been following the mailing list for a few weeks trying to gather my
courage to start with DSSSL, but it's getting worse instead of better.
There's got to be A book - ANY book - to give people a chance to start with
DSSSL.
I'm afraid you're all digging DSSSL's grave if you can't bring yourselves to
publish. I guess it will be to late for me, I'll throw myself into the
standard
and try to survive it, but perhaps someone is saving future Janes from this
horrible fate.

Didier says:
Did you read the OpenJade page?
Did you read my articles targeted to people who want to learn DSSSL?
Did you played with Markus tutorial and animated java applet that illustrate
what's happening when a DSSSL script is executed? (the java applet show a
living grove as a growing tree)
Did you read Paul Prescod tutorial?

I yes, do you have any suggestions on how to improve:
a) the OpenJade home page
b) the articles

regards
Didier PH Martin