(Fwd) RE:jade batch mode, index generation

Subject: (Fwd) RE:jade batch mode, index generation
From: "Steffen Heinrich" <heinrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:07:56 +0100
------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded message -------
From:          "Hennessy, Sean" <shennessy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:            heinrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:       RE:jade batch mode, index generation
Date:          Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:37:42 -0700

Hello Steffen,

>Is there anybody else who likes the idea to have Jade optionally
>produce index output (possibly standardized) as a by-product?

Yeah that would be nice...
We had to abandon our SGML only SGML->XYWrite conversion using "jade.exe
-t sgml .." with our DSSSL stylesheets in favor of SGML->XML->XYWrite
using "sx.exe .." in order to generate these MDB "indexes".
In part due to the shortfall of jade's implementation of the processing
instruction.
It is fairly easy to instrument the interface to JDBC within either
IBM's XML4J or Sun's Project X XML parsers.

Regards,
W. Sean Hennessy