Re: About Constructions rules

Subject: Re: About Constructions rules
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:13:31 +0200

> I discovered that I made a typo. I probably did too much Omnimark this week
> end because I called construction rules (as called in the DSSSL specs)
> markup rules. Also, when I read again the specs, I found that I forgot some
> construction rules like for instance (id...), (default...) and (query....).
>
> I am updating the document so that this time it has the right name for
> construction rules and add the missing construction rules. But when I was
> writing, a question came to my mind. Is the "query" construction rule
> implemented in Jade? I never use it nor seen any example of it. I do not
> even know what the style-expression-construct look like. Does anyone has an
> idea? Even better, a small example I can show in the document.

I wondered about that myself sometime ago. And no, query is not implemented.
Its the only missing construct-expression. It may have been left out because
this simplifies certain things. Eg, (current-node) will always be an element
node unless you use query. The style-query-expression can be any expression
returning a node-list, eg something like

(q-element 'footnote (current-node))

returning all footnote elements within the current node. Note that
(current-node) returns the root of the grove withing the
style-query-expression.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606